Deep Dive into Carpet Cleaning
A lush carpet adds warmth, reduces noise, and elevates the ambiance. But with beauty comes responsibility. Carpets, depending on their make, can be sensitive to moisture. Simple stain removal tasks might require extra effort, but with the right knowledge and tools, it’s a breeze.
Spray Extraction for Textile Coverings: This method brings the dirt to the surface for easy removal.
- How It Works: The spray-extraction cleaner infuses the cleaning solution deep into the carpet, loosening the dirt. It’s then swiftly sucked out, leaving your carpet almost dry. This process might require several rounds for optimal results. For expansive areas, a high-pressure spray cleaner can be used for better coverage.
Tip: Ensure a thorough rinse with clean water after using a cleaning agent. This helps in maintaining the carpet’s quality and reduces drying time. Using surfactant-free cleaners minimizes post-cleaning care.
Combination Cleaning for Heavily Soiled Carpets: For those stubborn dirt patches, use additional tools like the microfibre/yarn pad or carpet shampooing brush.
Pros & Cons: While shampooing offers a deep clean, it can sometimes leave behind residues. Opting for surfactant-free cleaning agents with the microfibre/yarn pad method is recommended.
Intermediate Carpet Cleaning
Routine intermediate cleanings prolong the carpet’s life and beauty. Techniques such as iCapsol, microfibre, or yarn pads are ideal for moisture-sensitive carpets.
- Wet the carpet using a single-disc machine or high-pressure spray cleaner.
- Work the cleaning solution into the carpet, ensuring corners and edges are manually cleaned.
- Use a spray-extraction cleaner for a final rinse.
Post Cleaning: Drying & Waterproofing
- Drying: After a thorough cleaning, it’s essential to allow the carpet to dry completely. Ensure proper ventilation or speed up the process with an air blower. Only replace furniture once the carpet is fully dry.
- Waterproofing: Refresh your carpet’s waterproofing to extend its life and protect against future stains.